Week 3: Startup Funding Made Easy Workshop Series (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
Looking for funding? Start here…
Whether you are pitching to accelerators, angels or VCs, considering crowdfunding, or applying for a small business loan, there are key things every entrepreneur needs to know and do to get investor-ready. In this 5-week virtual course, you will learn if you and your business are ready for funding, understand the types of funding, and determine which are the right fit for your personal and business goals. Delilah Panio and her guest experts provide the tips, tools and templates to demystify the funding process and help to create an action plan for your ideal funding strategy.
- You + Your Business… Are you Ready? Before pitching for capital, determine if you and your business are ready to take on funding. Work through a checklist of must haves for your personal and business affairs.
- The Financial Model… Do Not Be Afraid Get to work on understanding and developing your financial model, including the key inputs and assumptions specific to your industry sector and type of business. Calculate how much, why and when you need it, and how long it will last.
- Funding Sources… There are More than You Think An overview of funding (including revenue!), funding sources, the pros and cons of each, and use the Fortuna Funding Filters to determine the right ones for you and your business. A panel of funding experts talk about angel investors, venture capital, crowdfunding, and small business loans.
- Craft Your Story… Make it Authentic AND Effective Identify your investor avatar, craft your story and your Investor Deck, including the key slides that must be in every pitch deck and what they mean to investors.
- Back to You… And Your Ideal Funding Strategy Based on all the sessions, now create the ideal funding strategy and action plan for you and your business. Hear from a panel of female founders who have navigated funding for their companies.
Course Timing: 5 Weeks from February 19-March 19, 2021; Fridays from 1:00-2:00 pm PST
Guest Experts Include: DDS, Soul Trained; Stephanie Granato, Granato Law; Leighanne Neville, Countsy; Margot Shapiro, Spiral Sun Ventures; Virginia Almendarez, iFundWomen; Kathy Odell, Women Economic Ventures; Tawnya Faulkner, Le Grand Courtage; Heather Mason, Caspian Agency
Course Materials: Funding strategy checklist, financial model template, pitch deck template, funding action plan